- 1. How do I perform a pump leak test before using it, and how often do I have to do this?
It is very important to always do a leak test every time you are using the one of the Kwik-Draw Air Sampling Pumps. You can do this, by putting an unopened Kwik-Draw gas detection tube inside the rubber inlet, and make one full pump stroke. If the vacuum indicator of the Kwik-Draw Deluxe stays yellow for 1 minute, you are sure you can use the pump without any problems or unreliable readings. For pumps without a vacuum indicator, there should be looked at the movement of the pump its components itself. If some components moves, you know that an air flow occurs and that the pump is not fully leak free.
- 2. What to do when my tube shows a crooked or blurry result after doing a test?
Sometimes you are encountered with a crooked or blurry discolouration of the chemical reagent in the tube. In this case, always take the average between the two points where it ended.
- 3. Is it possible to use the Kwik-Draw gas detection tubes with pumps of another brand?
According to laboratory tests, the Kwik-Draw detector tubes can only be used on the 100ml Accuro air sampling pump of Dräger.
- 4. Is it possible to use gas detection tubes from other brands on the Kwik-Draw Gas Tester I, Gas Tester II H, Kwik-Draw Air Sampling Pumps?
This is certainly possible, despite of the fact other manufacturers proclaim not. Every gas detection tube requires a minimum of 1 pump stroke of 100ml air or gas. Since some 100ml pumps have different air flows, in regards of vacuum strengths, according to tests we can say that only Dräger tubes can be used on the Gas Tester I, Gas Tester II H, and Kwik-Draw air sampling pumps. No other brands can be used on the Toximeter II, than the KWIK-DRAW detector tubes.
- 5. How do I discard the detector tubes?
To preserve our environment, all gas detection tubes should always be discarded with the Small Chemical Waste according to local regulations, to prevent damaging and to preserve our natural environment.
- 6. What should I do when a tube breaks, and my hands touched the chemical powder reagent from the detector tube?
Always immediately was your hands, and never rub your eyes or touch your mouth before doing this.
- 7. Can I still use the tubes when their expiry date has been expired?
No, to avoid the risk of getting unreliable measurements, we definitely discourage the use of expired tubes.
- 8. Can I store tubes below 10° degrees Celsius, without damaging the tubes?
We recommend to store the tubes between 0° and 10° degrees Celsius, to preserve the efficiency and quality of the Kwik-Draw gas detector tubes.
- 9. Is it required to maintain or calibrate the Kwik-Draw Air Sampling Pumps and how do I do this?
- 10. What should I do when I want to read my tube and I am colour blind?